Who We Are
We are three music lovers who have lived in Cheltenham for the many years.
Andy has been involved in music related work since the early nineties including managing acts, booking bands at the Axiom Centre and has been involved with the Midsummer Fiesta since 2010. His musical preferences include reggae, old school hip-hop, ska, drum and bass and world musics especially Fela Kuti
Will has previously worked for music retailers (Our Price!) and has a life long love of music and a growing appreciation for quality Hi-Fi and the difference it can make to music appreciation. He now works with books. His musical preferences include My Bloody Valentine, Boards of Canada, Frank Ocean, Max Richter and almost anything in between. He does not intend to force his own muscial taste on anyone ever again.
Dave only likes Iggy Pop and will at all times bore you on the subject of Iggy. His only other interest is Phil Collins, particularly early Genesis and his solo R&B work.
What is AudioCollective?
Audio Collective is a not for profit society which aims to promote:
- a full appreciation of iconic recorded music both old and new.
- a fun, sociable inclusive atmosphere in a public arena
- audio quality offered by top-end hi-fi equipment.
- audio recordings with a primary focus on vinyl.
- an actively involved and expanding membership
In a nutshell: a vinyl experience …. think book club but for music and you’re near the mark.
Each night at The Swan Shush Bar will work as follows:
- 7.30 – Turn up, tune up (have a beer or two) and say hello.
- 8.00 – Listen to one classic record (on vinyl, always on vinyl!) from start to finish. This will be a fresh, clean, new, never played before, cut of vinyl and offered as a prize for one lucky attendee on the night.
- 8.45 – Beer / wine / whiskey break
- 9.00 – A discussion of the record followed by YouTube interviews from the artist whose record we have played
- 9.10 – Beer / wine / whiskey break
- 9.30 – A chance to play music, brought by all the attendees on the night, which relate to the chosen artist or at least tie into the overall theme of the evening
- 9.45 – Beer / wine / whiskey break
- 10.50 – Raffle! Your entry fee covers the ticket
- 10.55 – The Big Decision – As a group we vote on what the ‘feature’ record will be to tie into the theme of the next music appreciation night based on previous month’s suggestions….and some of ours!
- 11.00 – End /more beer / wine / whiskey
We aim to put on one night of music per month if there is a thirst(!) and hope to attract 30 people to each event