Our first live Audio Collective event for 18 months will be at the Swan’s refurbished Shush bar on Saturday 23rd October. We’ll be featuring Radiohead’s 2007 self-released masterpiece In Rainbow.
What is AudioCollective?
Audio Collective is a not for profit society which aims to promote:
- a full appreciation of iconic recorded music both old and new.
- a fun, sociable inclusive atmosphere in a public arena
- audio quality offered by top-end hi-fi equipment.
- audio recordings with a focus on vinyl with a nod to high quality streaming.
- an actively involved and expanding membership
In a nutshell: a vinyl experience …. think book club but for music and you’re near the mark.
Each night at The Swan Shush Bar will work as follows:
- 8.00 – Turn up, tune up (have a beer or two) and say hello.
- 8.30 – Listen to one classic record (on vinyl, always on vinyl!) from start to finish. This will be a fresh, clean, new, never played before, cut of vinyl and offered as a prize for one lucky attendee on the night. (Unless we cant find a new copy!) We’ll also feature video complementing the artist; live footage, official videos, ambient film or documentaries.
- 9.00 – Beer / wine / whiskey break. A chance to play vinyl, brought by all the attendees on the night, and requests on Spotify/ Tidal / Qobuz which relate to the chosen artist or at least tie into the overall theme of the evening.
- 10.50 – Random number generated raffle and / or occasional quiz! Your entry fee covers the ticket to win the album of the month. As a group we vote on what themes and albums will feature in future music appreciation nights.
- 11.00 – End /more beer / wine / whiskey…home to bed with a warm analogue glow