Just as you’re ready to eat more snacks and drink more alcohol here comes the Xmas AudioCollective. On December 29th we’ll feature Trainspotting’s soundtrack. What a rip roaring double album this is and how tricky to get hold of as the vinyl presses struggle with seasonal demand.
Actually there are two Trainspotting soundtrack albums released following the film adaptations of Irvine Welsh’s novel of the same name. We’ll be playing the 1996 version which features classic tracks from Iggy Pop, Pulp, New Order, Blur, Elastica, Primal Scream, Leftfield and Underworld along with lots more.
Bring your party hats, its a more relaxed yule time affair!
Here’s a preview of the visuals
What is AudioCollective?
Audio Collective is a not for profit society which aims to promote:
- a full appreciation of iconic recorded music both old and new.
- a fun, sociable inclusive atmosphere in a public arena
- audio quality offered by top-end hi-fi equipment.
- audio recordings with a focus on vinyl with a nod to high quality streaming.
- an actively involved and expanding membership
In a nutshell: an immersive vinyl experience ….
Each night at The Swan Shush Bar (at the back of the venue courtyard ) will work as follows:
- 8.00 – Turn up, tune up, have a drink and say hello.
- 8.30 – Listen to one classic record (on vinyl, always on vinyl!) from start to finish. This will be a fresh, clean, new, never played before, cut of vinyl and offered as a prize for one lucky attendee on the night. (Unless we cant find a new copy!) Whilst the album is playing we’ll also feature official videos, ambient film or documentaries live footage.
- 9.00 – Drinks break. A chance to play vinyl, brought by all the attendees on the night, and requests on Spotify/ Tidal / Qobuz which relate to the chosen artist or at least tie into the overall theme of the evening.
- 10.50 – Random number generated raffle and / or occasional quiz! Your entry fee covers the ticket to win the album of the month. As a group we vote on what themes and albums will feature in future music appreciation nights.
- 11.00 – Home to bed with a warm analogue glow